Week 16A - Creating My Strategy

I have enjoyed using Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp, and Blogger the most this semester.

Facebook and Instagram integrate well with my small pastry business. Facebook creates a path to reach a variety of people given a minimal advertising budget. Instagram is an effective marketing tool because of it's image oriented focus. With Facebook, I would make engaging posts and contests that solicit feedback and customer participation. The analytic tools provide value as marketing research so that I can confirm if I am reaching all of my potential customers, and if not, how should I modify my posts to add more value.

Mailchimp provides another way to draw customers to my social media platforms and to a potential website. If emails are sent on a consistent schedule, but with CTA's such as discounts, they create another marketing trail.

I would also implement Groupon and Living Social ads. These marketing mechanisms often focus on the people trying things for the first time, and then sometimes evolve into loyal customers.

Plan for Next Four Weeks:
Email - Monthly email with shipping discount if ordered by holiday deadline
Facebook & Instagram - Hanukkah post
Facebook - Holiday Recipe post
Email - Targeting Greek Orthodox Churches for holiday events
December 12th - Email and Facebook - Last Day to order for Christmas delivery
December 20th - Email and Facebook - Last Day to order for New Years delivery

Comments

  1. Best of luck on all your holiday marketing! I agree with you about the helpfulness of Facebook advertising. I plan to try it myself as soon as the semester is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with the Greek Churches! I for one love Baklava. Groupon and Living Social are ok, but they charge around 50%, try other options like The Goods 7 from NBC. Maybe they have a better offering, I know they send me emails every day with food specials in my area. Seasonal ads definitely help during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greek churches have Christmas and Easter events all the time so that is a great place to target. I didn't get the full use out of mailchimp, but it is a great tool to use to send customers relevant info and coupons. Groupon is a good idea, it will drive people to your business as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like a well your social media posts/emails are well planned and with the target market careful considered. Nice work. Also beautiful photo on your blog home page.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts