Week 7A - "Liked Pages"

For my "Greek to Me - Treats to Go" business I chose the following seven varied businesses to "like" that contain strategic potential:

Temecula Greek Festival has strong appeal to a customer base craving Greek pastries. The festival lasts only a weekend, so festival goers looking for specific desserts they tried at the event are "Greek to Me's" potential customers. Also, the Festival itself could be a large potential customer if they are looking for suppliers.

Athens Foods is a large distributor of phyllo dough with almost 60,000 followers, and phyllo is a primary ingredient of many Greek desserts. I chose them as potential for co-op marketing. If I could guarantee the use of their products, I could potentially benefit from their large base of customers.

Tasty Desserts has over 800,000 followers. I chose them because of their name recognition and large base. I frequent Tasty Desserts for enjoyment even when I am not looking for a specific recipe. Just  at having their name in my featured links provides positive reinforcement in the customer's mind.

Greek Cooking Made Easy has a smaller number of followers at 8,000, however I chose it because it contains many posts that are not just about cooking.  It offers other descriptive posts such as how to make traditional Greek coffee. Exposure to this page would allow access to customers wanting the truly authentic appeal.

Haroula's Happenings makes traditional Greek party favors for weddings and baptisms. A generation ago, these favors were made at home by brides to be and families. Now people look elsewhere to purchase them, and these are the same people that look elsewhere to buy traditional pastries for events and holidays.

Cooking Channel was another choice based on their name recognition and 1.7M followers.

Analida's Ethnic Spoon complements my business page well. It does not sell food, but provides a variety of interesting ethnic recipes with background information on the dishes. I think we would have a similar customer base.

Each of these pages appeals to at least one demographic or psychographic of my business's potential customer pool.


Comments

Popular Posts