Week 11A - Email Marketing

Email marketing can be used to supplement other social media platforms. I currently use email as part of  a communication strategy for several volunteer organizations I am on the boards for including PTSA, Church Sunday School, and a military spouses group. I often receive feedback that "I don't really check my email anymore," and "it's just for spam," now. Because of these responses, I use feedback to write concise, well organized information, with links to other social media sources.

For my "Greek to Me" business, I would take a similar approach, and use email to drive sales. I would start with a welcome email, and then follow up with a monthly email. The monthly email would offer a specific discount in the title, and then provide more detail in the email body. The email would highlight new products as well. I would offer a discount for someone signing up for my distribution list.

I receive promotional emails for several retailers. Looking at the marketing emails I receive, I joined the email distributions because I received a discount for doing so.  I open the emails with specific promotions and deadlines in the title that apply to items that are on my mind. For example, I am a swim mom, and just received an email from SpeedoUSA saying "Today's Deal: 25% One-Piece Suits" - I am inclined to open that since my daughters have several meets coming up, and there is a timeframe involved.

For content ideas for "Greek to Me" emails, I would focus on tips to make life less hectic (eg, ordering desserts and gifts vs making them yourself), holidays, events, recipes, and entertaining. Having a monthly distribution, I would focus on what events normally occur in those months, such as weddings in June, or Thanksgiving in November.













Comments

  1. I think your past experience has put you on the right track with your marketing strategy. As I'm in the retail business currently, those one line tags are essential to bring those new customers in. Therefore, I think you hit the nail on the head talking about the content on the receiving end as a consumer. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts