Week 13B - Online Facebook Advertising Options

This week I gained greater understanding of the different types of Facebook ads such as ads that drive leads, post boosts, and app installation ads. All three increase engagement and facilitate more precise target marketing.

Strategically placing advertisements in the newsfeed can be more effective than sidebar images and ads. These ads can steer a customer to a business website or "landing page." Imagery and videos prove to catch consumer attention and direct people via these Facebook newsfeeds. I have mentioned in previous posts that I am a fan of the store Cost Plus World Market's website and Facebook page. In my recent Facebook newsfeed I saw "HUGE Black Friday Weekend Deals" with a "Shop Now" button and a link to the website that caught my attention and directed me into their website for shopping. For my "Greek to Me - Treats to Go" business, I think a short video demonstration of baking baklava, combined with a free shipping coupon, and "Order Now" button could effectively direct a potential buyer to action.

Post boosts prove another way to increase engagement. Since viewing ads organically is more restricted, boosts allow more fans to see a business's post. I get frequent recommendations from Facebook to boost my posts. I would definitely pay to boost my business posts in taking my business live.

App installation ads are another type of frequently used ads. Since mail order pastries are not a purchase that customers would make frequently, app installation ads would not be as beneficial for my business.



Comments

Popular Posts