Week 15B - Analytics on Aztec Brewing

Reviewing actual data on Aztec Brewing has definitely helped my understand better what value social media analytics can offer.

"Page Views by Age & Gender" would provide meaningful data for Greek to Me - Treats to Go. My target audience is women within a specific age range, and this analytic would allow me to see if my social media is reaching this group. For Aztec Brewing, I expected the larger male versus female ratio, but I found the age distribution interesting with a more even distribution in the older age groups.

My initial thought was that the data by city would not benefit a mail order business, but after reviewing Aztec's data by city, I'm reminded that posts and ads sometimes need to vary to capture the interests  of a specific town or region. I've lived on the East Coast, and was always intrigued how during big snow storms online marketers actively promote to thousands who may be home on snow days with nothing to do but shop online. For a brewery, city data may allow the business to target customers along with other events going on in either specific towns.

Also, I found the reactions page valuable. I am a Sunday School director at our church, and I am trying to keep families updated and engaged through social media. I question when I should make posts. Should I make a post on a Sunday evening when the day's discussions and lessons are still in people's minds? Or should I post as the weekend gets closer? The reactions data would help not only with business, but with volunteer organizations that are trying to keep others informed and engaged.

Comments

Popular Posts